Our attentive and experienced internal medicine doctors are here to help you manage your health during adulthood. From routine annual physicals to the treatment of serious chronic illnesses like heart disease, our general internists serve as your primary care provider delivering personalized care and state-of-the-art treatment for a wide variety of health conditions.
What is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine is a medical specialty focused on the prevention, diagnosis, and comprehensive treatment of adult diseases and health conditions. Our internal medicine team is dedicated to providing long-term care to our adult patients from early adulthood through your later years. Our internists are trained to prevent the onset of adult diseases and help you control risk factors such as weight gain, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
Our internal medicine treatments and services include:
- Annual physical exams
- Routine health screenings
- Routine follow-ups for heart conditions
- Diabetes care and management
- Men’s health care
- Women’s health care, including Pap tests
- Dermatology and skin conditions
- Minor injuries
- Mental health services
- Pain management
- Palliative care for serious illnesses
- Reproductive health
- Substance abuse
- Health education on nutrition and exercise
- Sports medicine
Which Conditions are Treated with Internal Medicine?
Our internal medicine doctors treat a wide range of adult health conditions. We practice comprehensive adult medicine that treats the whole person – both physical and emotional – not only your symptoms. When you specify your symptoms, our general internists perform a thorough evaluation of your health to identify and treat the root cause of your medical condition to help you achieve optimum health and wellness.
Conditions treated by our internal medicine doctors include:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Acute illnesses like the common cold and flu
- Infectious diseases
- Ear and sinus infections
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and warts
- Chronic pain caused by injury or arthritis
- Chronic medical conditions like asthma and hypertension
- Urinary infections
- Heart disease
- Digestive problems
- Kidney problems
- Mental health conditions like anxiety, ADD, ADHD and depression
- Sports-related injuries like strains, sprains, and fractures
- Drug dependence and addiction
At Healthcare Associates of Texas, our mission is to provide you with premium quality internal medical care that is compassionate, comprehensive, convenient, and cost-effective. We will work with you to ensure you receive the best care and treatment, always customized to meet your health goals.